About the Company:
Headspace Health is the world’s most accessible and comprehensive digital mental health and wellbeing platform. Headspace Health will democratize mental health and wellbeing so people around the world are supported by a full spectrum of affordable care. In addition to its vast library of mindfulness and meditation content, our behavioral health system offers emotional support, guidance, therapy, and medication from professional coaches, licensed therapists, and psychiatrists, respectively.
Our mission is to create a world where mental health is never an obstacle. By harnessing the power and convenience of a smartphone, Headspace Health is able to provide access to high-quality care to anyone, anywhere, in order to reduce symptoms of stress, anxiety, and depression.
About the role:
Our engineering team is built on a foundation of mutual trust, respect, and collaboration. We’re looking for a passionate & experienced engineer to join our growing / distributed international team. You will work hand-and-hand with our world class clinical, Revenue Cycle Management (RCM), and product teams to build and scale our behavioral health operating system. A system that puts member & caretaker experience above all else.
We are constantly looking for opportunities to simplify revenue cycle processes and help our members navigate the complex medical insurance process. We are uniquely positioned to reinvent what the patient experience could be, getting mental healthcare in the complex healthcare system!
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace Health:
- You have a passion for writing readable, secure, tested code and following best practices
- You look forward to code reviews from peers knowing that it will help you and others grow
- You leverage existing solutions, design patterns, and frameworks where they fit the best, and have the capacity to come up with your own when existing practices do not meet the needs
- You desire to work at a startup, you can thrive and feel empowered in both unstructured and structured environments. Ideally, you have worked at a couple other startups and can contribute your learnings from those experiences
- You enjoy collaboration and mentoring other engineers
- You are interested in contributing not just to our application but also to building and maintaining infrastructure that supports our development, deployment and monitoring and alerting processes
- You care about having a diverse team and this may mean you represent diversity yourself
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years developing, deploying and maintaining non-trivial, concurrent, commercial backend systems. Bonus if you have experience using AWS infrastructure-as-code tools (ex: CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Experience with one or a few of the following: Python, Django
- 1+ years web front-end experience: HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, ReactJS
- Experience with and understanding of: relational and non-relational DBs, normalization / denormalization, SQL, and ORMs. Bonus if you have experience with GraphQL
- Experience writing secure/defensive code. Bonus if you have experience with use of cryptography and https
- You have designed and documented significant applications, features, or systems that involved more than a few engineers in their implementation
- You have a solid understanding of the network and API layer (REST, RPC, HTTP)
- You have strong OO design skills and an understanding of design patterns
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or in a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) or equivalent experience. You can reason about code and algorithms in time, space and structural complexity
- Bonus if you have experience working on healthcare interoperability APIs and working knowledge of healthcare compliance regulations
- We’re welcome new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact on the team
- MINDays (2 Fridays off each month)
- Personal laptop (MacBook);
- Private health insurance;
- Remote work;
- Flexible PTO
- Global offices
- Fun, positive, collaborative environment!