About the Company:
Nowsta helps employers become better managers by giving them the tools they need to automate, simplify, and humanize the labor management process. Employees turn to Nowsta to better navigate their work life, with shift finders and reminders, and financial wellness benefit programs and their employers rely on Nowsta to streamline operations, reduce turnover, and increase workplace satisfaction. Our mission is to organize and empower the world’s hourly workforce through an all-in-one software that helps employers better manage their teams, resulting in streamlined operations, reduced turnover, and increased workplace satisfaction.
Employees on Nowsta can also access a suite of services to help them more effectively manage their job schedules and personal finances. Nowstapay is a financial wellness benefit program that allows employees to cash out earnings instantly for the work they’ve already completed.
Nowsta powers some of the largest workforces in sectors such as events, hospitality, staffing, and many more. Employers turn to Nowsta when they want to streamline operations, reduce turnover, and increase workplace satisfaction.
About this Role:
As a Security Engineer on our Product Development team, you will leverage your software development knowledge to design and build security systems that embed security tooling and best practices into the development lifecycle of our consumer-facing, cloud-hosted products.
What You Will Do:
- Work with a team of talented engineers and designers to build a secure user experience for our customers, allowing the teams to deliver awesome features at speed but with the confidence of knowing that we are protecting our users.
- Help the team scale our platforms and features in a way that will allow us to grow while keeping customer data protected from threats
- Serve as the customer advocate for user privacy and security
- Educate our team members on security best practices and design concepts like the Twelve-Factor App Methodology and other best in-class security methodologies
- Prepare our systems for increasingly higher levels of sophisticated security audits to include penetration testing and SOC 2 compliance
- Periodically conduct internal audits and use the data to help us find better ways to secure user data
- Collaborate with vendors to ensure security is a part of every system integration
- Experience in a SaaS Product Security role (product platforms, customer facing applications)
- Experience with cloud-scale, business-critical Linux environments hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Broad awareness of the cybersecurity landscape including adversaries, modes of interest, and TTPs
- Experience monitoring / analyzing telemetry data from applications and infrastructure
- Experience assessing systems and applications for security risks
- Experience with software build systems, applications, and operations
- Understanding of software release processes and version control in a multi-stage product development environment as it relates to rights and permissions of software developers, QA, and DevOps
Preferred Qualifications (Nice to Have):
- Experience with mobile app security
- SQL Database experience, in particular, database security
- DevOps experience as it relates to security and privacy
- Experience in IT Security Operations and/or Incident Response
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or Engineering, AWS certifications, or advanced security training in consumer software hosting
- We’re building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team.
- We’re welcome new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact on the team
- Flex PTO for any reason, including sick days (no specified limits), flexible work schedule;
- Personal laptop (MacBook Pro);
- Trainings, certifications, conferences;
- Private health insurance;
- Remote work;