About the Company:
About the Company:
Headspace Health is the world’s most accessible and comprehensive digital mental health and wellbeing platform. Headspace and Ginger have come together at a critical moment of global need. Headspace Health will democratize mental health and wellbeing so people around the world are supported by a full spectrum of affordable care. In addition to its vast library of mindfulness and meditation content, our behavioral health system offers emotional support, guidance, therapy, and medication from professional coaches, licensed therapists, and psychiatrists, respectively.
Our mission is to create a world where mental health is never an obstacle. By harnessing the power and convenience of a smartphone, Headspace Health is able to provide access to high-quality care to anyone, anywhere, in order to reduce symptoms of stress, anxiety, and depression.
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
Headspace Health is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
Headspace Health is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team! We are open to full stack focused candidates. This position is open to remote candidates from Mexico city and Guadalajara.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace Health:
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems
- Write well designed, testable, performant, and efficient code
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Work with product and engineering teams to release services that operate at our high scale
What you’ve accomplished:
- 4+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years developing, deploying and maintaining non-trivial, concurrent, commercial backend systems
- Experience with one of the following: Python, Node.js
- Experience with Django is a plus
- 1+ years web front-end experience: HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, ReactJS
- Experience with and understanding of: relational and non-relational DBs, normalization / denormalization, SQL, and ORMs. Bonus if you have experience with GraphQL
- Experience writing secure / defensive code, including the use of cryptography and https
- You have designed and documented significant applications, features, or systems that involved more than a few engineers in their implementation
- You have strong OO design skills and an understanding of design patterns
- You have a passion for writing readable, secure, tested code and following best practices
- You look forward to code reviews from peers knowing that it will help you and others grow
- You enjoy collaboration and mentoring other engineers
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or in a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) or equivalent experience. You can reason about code and algorithms in time, space and structural complexity
- We’re welcome new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact on the team
- MINDays (2 Fridays off each month)
- Personal laptop (MacBook);
- Private health insurance;
- Remote work;
- Flexible PTO
- Global offices
- Fun, positive, collaborative environment!