About the Company:
Salad is at a key inflection point: we’ve successfully built a Seria A (raised $17M) product to connect gamers, their idle computers, and the ever growing demand for computer power. Now, we’re ready to put fuel on the fire and scale Salad into the next big thing in computing. Our users trust Salad to turn their idle computers into rewards with the click of a button. Building and maintaining trust is core to everything we do. We reward our users with gift cards, subscriptions, games, and more. Today these idle computers support public blockchain networks, but we’re quickly building a distributed infrastructure with our sights set on exascale computing.
We’re looking for a Backend Software Engineer to help us build this future of computing. Reporting directly to the Director of Engineering, this role will have the opportunity to influence the design of key components and drive the implementation of major features.
As an engineer on our cross-functional team, you’ll build high-impact features in our core and developing products. This role is highly technical, and you’ll be a top code contributor. Your efforts will be focused on APIs, microservices, data security, and third-party integrations.
The Tech Stack
We use serverless infrastructure. As we grew, we began to hit the scaling and throughput limits of these services. We spent the last year building a rock solid, hyper-scalable application infrastructure built-in on a unique virtual actor pattern all the while delivering the most requested new features.
Our open-source desktop and web-based applications are built in TypeScript on Electron, React and Node.js. Our APIs and services are built in C# powered by ASP.NET Core and Microsoft Orleans, a framework for robust, scalable, distributed applications.
We leverage AWS, Azure, Elastic Cloud, and Cloudflare to deliver high-quality experiences to users all around the world. We also love to automate all the things, managing our system with tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Terraform.
- Work closely with the product manager, stakeholders, and partners, to help shape technical requirements and specifications
- Design, implement, and improve the capabilities, performance, and reliability of the service
- Work independently to follow through on assignments with minimal direction and take action when answers to a problem are not readily apparent in equivocal situations
- 7+ years professional experience web-based application services or APIs
- 5+ years professional experience with C#
- Strong understanding of ASP.NET Core
- Strong understanding of web application security fundamentals and best practices
- Proficiency designing and developing REST and gRPC APIs
- Proficiency designing and developing highly scalable services using microservice architecture principles
- Possess excellent communication skills with a keen ability to articulate complex technical challenges and solutions
- Possess skills necessary to apply agile methodologies in day to day activities
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related engineering discipline
- We’re building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team.
- We’re welcome new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact on the team
- Unlimited PTO for any reason, including sick days (no specified limits), flexible work schedule;
- Personal laptop (MacBook Pro);
- Trainings, certifications, conferences;
- Private health insurance;
- Remote work;