As an engineer on our cross-functional team, you’ll build high-impact features in our core and developing products. This role is highly technical, and you’ll be a top code contributor. Your efforts will be focused on APIs, microservices, data security, and third-party integrations.
The Tech Stack
We use serverless infrastructure. As we grew, we began to hit the scaling and throughput limits of these services. We spent the last year building a rock solid, hyper-scalable application infrastructure built-in on a unique virtual actor pattern all the while delivering the most requested new features.
Our open-source desktop and web-based applications are built in TypeScript on Electron, React and Node.js. Our APIs and services are built in C# powered by ASP.NET Core and Microsoft Orleans, a framework for robust, scalable, distributed applications.
We leverage AWS, Azure, Elastic Cloud, and Cloudflare to deliver high-quality experiences to users all around the world. We also love to automate all the things, managing our system with tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Terraform.
- Work closely with the Senior Engineers, Product Manager, stakeholders, and partners, to help shape technical requirements and specifications
- Design, implement, and improve the capabilities, performance, and reliability of the service
- Work independently to follow through on assignments with minimal direction and take action when answers to a problem are not readily apparent in equivocal situations
- 4+ years professional experience web-based application services or APIs
- 3+ years professional experience with C#
- Strong understanding of ASP.NET Core
- Strong understanding of web application security fundamentals and best practices
- Proficiency designing and developing REST and gRPC APIs
- Proficiency designing and developing highly scalable services using microservice architecture principles
- Possess excellent communication skills with a keen ability to articulate complex technical challenges and solutions
- Possess skills necessary to apply agile methodologies in day to day activities
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related engineering discipline
- We’re building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team.
- We’re welcome new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact on the team
- Unlimited PTO for any reason, including sick days (no specified limits), flexible work schedule;
- Personal laptop (MacBook Pro);
- Trainings, certifications, conferences;
- Private health insurance;
- Remote work;