About the Company:
Nowsta helps employers become better managers by giving them the tools they need to automate, simplify, and humanize the labor management process. Employees turn to Nowsta to better navigate their work life, with shift finders and reminders, and financial wellness benefit programs and their employers rely on Nowsta to streamline operations, reduce turnover, and increase workplace satisfaction. Our mission is to organize and empower the world’s hourly workforce through an all-in-one software that helps employers better manage their teams, resulting in streamlined operations, reduced turnover, and increased workplace satisfaction.
Employees on Nowsta can also access a suite of services to help them more effectively manage their job schedules and personal finances. Nowstapay is a financial wellness benefit program that allows employees to cash out earnings instantly for the work they’ve already completed.
Nowsta powers some of the largest workforces in sectors such as events, hospitality, staffing, and many more. Employers turn to Nowsta when they want to streamline operations, reduce turnover, and increase workplace satisfaction.
About this Role:
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be at the center of our efforts to build and/or redesign scalable software solutions for our clients. You will design, develop, test, and debug cloud applications and deployment automation in support of our client’s development teams. Your efforts will be critical to ensuring we are following DevOps best practices such as infrastructure as code, security as code, use of deployment and maintenance automation at all stages of our SDLC.
What You Will Do:
- Design and deploy highly scalable, fault-tolerant solutions in AWS
- Write and maintain webhooks and Lambda functions to audit infrastructure, create KPIs, and automate CI/CD and data pipelines
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Assist in ongoing efforts to automate deployments
- Assist development teams with debugging infrastructure and automation issues
- Ensure that sufficient monitors and alerts are in place and help the broader engineering team become more proactive at production support
- Maintain and update live SaaS systems
- Work with the broader engineering team to maintain support
- Work with awesome people on a daily basis
- At least 3 year of full-time experience in DevOps, systems administration, or application development
- At least 3 year of experience supporting applications in a production environment
- Knowledge of either Node.js or Python and their ecosystems (npm, nvm, pip, etc.)
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as GitLab, Jenkins, or Bamboo
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Cloudformation, Ansible, SaltStack or an equivalent
- Experience with a Cloud Platform such as AWS (preferred), Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with MySQL databases
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required is a plus
- We’re building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team.
- We’re welcome new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact on the team
- Flex PTO for any reason, including sick days (no specified limits), flexible work schedule;
- Personal laptop (MacBook Pro);
- Trainings, certifications, conferences;
- Private health insurance;
- Remote work;