About the job
Tonic is a real-time mobile patient intake and contactless check-in platform that provides a seamless, easy and engaging way for patients to fill out any survey, sign any consent form, or make any payment when and where it’s most convenient for them.
The Senior Implementation Manager is responsible for bringing the magic of Tonic to healthcare institutions by integrating clinical informatics, computer science, and information science to create an engaging and seamless digital patient experience. You will perform complex analysis of current processes and new/existing technologies in order to assist clients in the management of the processing of data, information and knowledge to support clinical practice and the delivery of patient care. Your project management and clinical workflow skills will be of utmost importance when performing requirements gathering, clinical workflow design, system analysis, and post-implementation follow-up. In addition, the
Senior Implementation Manager acts as a liaison and technical translator for our client’s clinical and implementation teams. Internally at Tonic you will work closely with both leadership and our development team as we grow and expand the product offerings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize your clinical knowledge of the patient journey to document current and future state workflows, recommend workflow changes and design solutions to support clinical requirements (capturing medical histories, symptoms, screening/risk assessments, demographic data, consents).
- Consult with healthcare professionals to ensure appropriate patient data collection to drive improved clinical practice.
- Participate and provide guidance in implementing basic to moderately complex clinical and front office workflows.
- Collaborate with clinical and front office staff during requirements gathering either virtually through workflow conversations or directly by on-site observation of the patient experience, then providing a detailed future state workflow diagram.
- Provide expertise to customers and colleagues in all facets of the role as a project manager, implementation manager and clinical informaticist.
- Work closely with key clinical and business stakeholders to determine clinical needs, front office automation needs, specifications, workflow, and the priorities for implementing the project within scope and budget.
- Drive, manage and monitor integration projects with a knowledge base of practice management and EHR system design, additional integration knowledge is plus (hl7, API, etc.)
- Participate and collaborate with key stakeholders in the development of training and knowledge-based materials and in direct staff training prior to launch.
- Consult with management and review project proposals to determine goals, timeframe, project scope, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources.
- Lead conversations with clients taking in account the importance of human-computer interaction and how new technology will impact the staff experience, provider experience and the patient experience.
- Identify KPI’s and other project outcome data to allow stakeholder recognition of ROI as the solution maximizes quality, efficiency and effectiveness in the healthcare environment.
- Design solutions with consideration of patient safety, healthcare delivery method, and both patient and staff experience.
- Bachelor’s degree; minimum of 5 years related experience in the healthcare industry – the ideal candidate will have 3 years experience in nursing or clinical informatics; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of general clinical informatics and project management concepts.
- Experience with workflow assessments and implementations in a healthcare setting.
- Positive attitude combined with unyielding integrity.
- Strong desire to work with a motivated healthcare IT company to dramatically improve the patient care experience with the deployment of digital tools and workflows.
- Experience with EHR systems including as an end user, build, design and/or implementation
- Understanding of the complexities of healthcare IT, including regulatory compliance and interface design to varying systems.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Project Management tools;
- Microsoft 365 tools; strong computer and mobile device skills
- Experience with programs: Jira, Confluence, Smartsheets or other content collaboration tools
- Must be able to travel up to 10-50% of the time
- Remote work with clients in different time zones, self-motivated individuals are required for this position
Note: considering ONLY US citizens