About the Product
Glorify is a fast-growing business on a mission to become the world’s largest digital platform for the 2.5 billion Christians worldwide. Our app utilizes bite-size readings, meditations, music, and gamification techniques to enable people to spend daily time with God. We offer guided worship routines, curated content, and a world-class user experience.
We emphasize that you don’t need to be a Christian to work here. You do however need to share our passion in striving for excellence in everything we do. Our main focus is on growing a fantastic team who puts the needs of our users first.
- This is a generally full-stack role and will be principally responsible for implementation of a variety of technical components including API’s, backend services, and web-based UI’s.
- You will collaborate closely with other members of the engineering and product teams to deliver world-class capabilities throughout the Glorify ecosystem.
- Your work will support feature development, continuous technical improvements and evolution of our stack to align with business and user scale.
- We believe in development as a craft, and are looking for avid technologists who can apply their skills toward building sustainable software solutions.
- We are looking for smart people who get things done – strong critical thinkers who are execution-oriented and understand that “shipping is a feature”.
- Support and improve current systems
- Work closely with cross-functional development personnel to build high-value features for our users
- Work with client developers to design and implement effective and efficient APIs
- Work with designers, product managers, and other developers to implement highly usable web-based features
- Develop, test, deploy, and operate key services and APIs
- Ensure solutions and systems are performant and provide a high-quality user experience
- Help establish, codify, and champion coding standards and best practices
- Collaborate with other developers through pair programming and code reviews
- Participate in and champion continuous improvement of development processes, standards, and tooling
- Ensure the technical and functional quality of solutions.
- Build and maintain automated unit, integration, performance, and load tests where appropriate
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies
- Work in a collaborative agile development environment
- 5+ years of professional hands-on experience, especially in early-stage/young start-ups
- Programming experience with Node.js
- 2+ years experience with TypeScript
- Experience building web UI features using React is a huge plus
- Proficient understanding of Microservices and cloud-native architectures and deployment patterns
- Experience designing REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Familiarity with Open-API/Swagger standards
- Strong data modeling skills. Solid understanding and hands-on experience with RDBMS (MySQL, Postgres, etc.) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Dynamo, etc.) databases.
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem (VPC, IAM, ALB/ELB, EC2, S3, RDS, etc.)
- Bonus Points for:
- Experience with containerized environments (Docker, ECS/ECR, EKS).
- Understanding of event-driven architectures.
- Hands on experience with Kafka
- Strong customer focus and empathy – passionate about providing value for internal and external customers
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience is a huge plus
- We’re welcome new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact on the team
- Flex PTO for any reason, including sick days (no specified limits), flexible work schedule;
- Personal laptop;
- Trainings, certifications, conferences;
- Private health insurance coverage;
- Remote work;