ABOUT THE COMPANY
Ripple is a centralized financial technology (fintech) company building different products to solve global payment issues through its remittance system, payment settlement, and exchange. The company began as Ripplepay, founded by software developer Ryan Fugger in 2004.
Ripple’s mission is to enable payments every way, everywhere for everyone. We believe connecting traditional financial entities like banks, payment providers and corporations with emerging blockchain technologies and users is the path to an open, de-centralized, and more inclusive financial future. This Internet of Value gives any internet-enabled person, application or device access to financial services that are transparent, fast, reliable, and cheap. Delivering this vision is a challenge of massive scale spanning $155 trillion in annual cross border fiat payments and the $1.5 trillion market of digital assets that has grown 10X in the last year. Ripple’s distributed financial technology outperforms today’s banking infrastructure by driving down costs, increasing processing speeds and delivering end-to-end visibility into payment fees, timing and delivery. The team partners with stakeholders across the company for cutting edge product development, business strategy, complex inter dependencies, high availability, security, performance, scalability, cost optimization requirements and customer servicing.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build enterprise, business operations services including crypto financial accounting, risk monitoring to support a payments business that uses crypto to deliver an innovative experience to customers.
- Prototype new solutions for complex software problems and implement them for on premise and cloud deployments and use cases
- Work with wider engineering team on the design, deployment and continuous improvement of core products
- Be a technical subject matter expert and share your expertise with a growing team of engineers
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing and driving best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 7+ years of hands-on software development experience on large scale distributed systems in Java (with Spring/Spring Boot Framework).
- Experience in building transactional systems (preferably in payments / banking / e-commerce domains) , backed by an RDBMS (PostgreSQL, Oracle or MS SQL Server)
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience in React (Node.js is a plus)
- Experience in cloud native technologies and DevOps with Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, log file management and reporting, Sumo Logic, Splunk, etc.
- Experience with Agile development of distributed services, with a focus on robust software design, scalability and security
- Enjoy working openly and collaboratively with a diverse team
- Ability to encourage and drive engineering best practices
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar
- We’re welcome new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact on the team
- Flex PTO for any reason, including sick days (no specified limits), flexible work schedule;
- Personal laptop;
- Trainings, certifications, conferences;
- Private health insurance coverage;
- Remote work.