About the Company:
Headspace Health is the world’s most accessible and comprehensive digital mental health and wellbeing platform. Headspace and Ginger have come together at a critical moment of global need. Headspace Health will democratize mental health and wellbeing so people around the world are supported by a full spectrum of affordable care. In addition to its vast library of mindfulness and meditation content, our behavioral health system offers emotional support, guidance, therapy, and medication from professional coaches, licensed therapists, and psychiatrists, respectively.
Our mission is to create a world where mental health is never an obstacle. By harnessing the power and convenience of a smartphone, Headspace Health is able to provide access to high-quality care to anyone, anywhere, in order to reduce symptoms of stress, anxiety, and depression.
We’re seeking for Senior Engineer to join our Data Products team (part of our Data Engineering org). In this role, you will be responsible for architecting and implementing a set of core data sets in our data lake. And your customers are our data consumers, including analysts, machine learning engineers and data scientists.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace Health:
- Design and implement mission critical data pipelines for our company
- Help create a set of high-quality, composable data products for our data consumers
- Write well designed, testable, performant, and efficient code that runs on Apache Spark and Delta Lake
- Lead the development of a world-class data lake that meets the strict security, privacy, and compliance requirements of the healthcare industry
- Collaborate with the data analytics team to calculate and deliver key business metrics
- Collaborate with the data science and machine learning team to build data sets used for model training and development
- Mentor and coach other engineers to build a data-first culture at the company
What you’ve accomplished:
- 5+ years of experience in backend development (preferable Python)
- You’ve built high quality data pipelines before with comprehensive unit tests suites, data quality checks etc.
- Experience with Apache Spark and Delta Lake are a plus, but not required
- Self-starter with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Experience coaching and mentoring team members
- Experience collaborating with product partners
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- We’re welcome new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact on the team
- MINDays (2 Fridays off each month)
- Personal laptop (MacBook);
- Private health insurance;
- Remote work;
- Flexible PTO
- Global offices
- Fun, positive, collaborative environment!