About the Product:
Eden’s mission is “To create a world where every person has a relationship with a trusted healthcare provider.” We have a team that is passionate about that mission and the patient’s we work with. Our team is collaborative, supportive and is focused on delivering excellent care.
We build tools to help providers interact and deliver care to patients virtually and for patients to access care. We have a web based application and a mobile app. The web based application is used by providers to interact with patients via chat or video visit, documenting and creating plans for their care. The patient app is used by patients to access care via chat, video visit, they can book appointments, manage their care via care plan.
What you will do:
We are looking for curious, pragmatic and capable backend engineers who want to see their work drive better outcomes for Patients and Clinicians. You will join our Product Engineering team, helping to improve workflows for our healthcare navigators, updating our registration process, making it easier to deliver quality care, and other innovative products not yet defined. Our product engineers work closely with our product management, design and clinical teams to identify problems and build effective solutions.
You will join in on ownership of the backend engineering discipline: working to build not only our APIs, but our culture and processes. Every engineer on the product engineering team has opportunities to span the stack: you will be able to sharpen your skills through close collaboration on mobile, frontend and backend engineering challenges. Technical problem solving appeals to you, but you will also create space for your colleagues to demonstrate the same. We all learn and grow to achieve goals that can never fit in a job description. This position can be based anywhere in the U.S. as well.
What success looks like:
- Join the Product Engineering team as a seasoned engineer to build and improve our software across the entire stack.
- Help the team define and maintain engineering processes that let us develop quickly while keeping a high threshold for quality — including writing tests and technical documentation.
- Routinely ship high quality software that helps simplify healthcare for our patients and clinicians.
- Multiply the outcomes of your teammates through mentorship, review, and solving entire classes of technical problems.
- Engage in the entire life cycle of product engineering, including (but not limited to) sprint planning, retrospectives, on-call rotation, and deploying software.
- Build an understanding of our business, and our unique approach to health care so that your technical decisions impact the course of the company.
What you will bring
- You have significant depth with more than one back-end language or framework, and you have experience shipping into production. We build our backends with Clojure and Python.
- You are capable of spanning the entire stack when necessary. We build our frontends with React or React Native on Typescript.
- You set a high bar for technical excellence, and you want to help your peers achieve it.
- You are able to anticipate technical and operational risks, and can help mitigate them.
- You have several approaches to debugging, maintaining, and improving distributed backend systems.
- You will advocate for advancing quality, durability, and managing technical debt.
- You will place compliance, security and ethics at the forefront of our systems, ensuring that our patients and customers can trust Eden Health.
About our Stack
- React 17 + Typescript 4.0
- React Native v66 + Typescript 4.0
- Python 3.7
- Clojure 1.11
- Postgres 13